Numerous factors might result in discoloured or stained teeth.Some people are fortunate enough to have teeth that are naturally white, while others do not. Numerous things might lead to stained and discoloured teeth. To help our patients obtain a whiter and brighter smile, our specialized dentists can offer a variety of discoloured teeth treatments.
About Discoloured Teeth
What causes Discoloured Teeth?
Wide range of internal or external variables may be the cause of the discoloration.
When the enamel gets stained, extrinsic factors happen. The following are some causes of tooth discoloration:
• Drinking some beverages, such as coffee, tea, and red wine
• Foods with turmeric
• Lemon water and fruit juices can erode away the enamel if consumed frequently.
• Chewing or smoking tobacco
• Tartar accumulation is a result of poor oral hygiene
When the internal tooth structure darkens and starts to show through the enamel, this is when intrinsic causes occur. Here are some reasonings:
• Growing old: As the enamel erodes over time, the darker dentine beneath is seen.
• Fluorosis is brought on by a child's excessive exposure to fluoride.
• A root-treated tooth will get darker.
• Untreated damaged teeth
• Antibiotic use in children, such as tetracycline
• Specific issues with the enamel, such as amelogeneisis imperfecta
How are Discoloured Teeth Treated?The best strategy to prevent and treat tooth discoloration is to maintain proper oral hygiene and healthy lifestyle choices. Regular dental check-ups and daily brushing and flossing are all recommended for maintaining good oral health, and your dentist can also assist with the removal of any extrinsic stains. It's also wise to stay away from certain foods and beverages, such as those with a lot of acidity.
Depending on the cause, treating discoloured teeth might vary, and many people try natural solutions. Visit your dentist for advice on how to give your teeth a natural whitening, as this is the greatest approach to whiten your teeth.
This can include inexpensive at-home whitening solutions or veneers or bonding for cosmetic purposes.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about our specialized discoloured teeth treatment options or to talk about the potential causes of your discoloured and stained teeth.