Many kids and adults worry about having teeth that are crowded, crooked, or otherwise "misaligned."Some people can be dissatisfied with the way their smile looks and would rather have it straightened. By straightening and aligning adult patients crowded and misaligned teeth, our experienced dentists help patients feel more confident about their look.
About this Condition
What causes crowded teeth?
Both your baby teeth and your adult teeth may develop unevenly or develop an uneven bite over time.
The area inside of your mouth may be primarily to blame for this. Most of the time, if a child's baby teeth emerge crowded, it's likely that their adult teeth will follow suit. Numerous factors might cause teeth to become crowded, therefore it's critical to correct misaligned teeth to prevent problems later on.
Crowding is caused by a number of factors, including:
• Long-term dummy sucking behaviors can harm both baby and adult teeth.
• Smaller or narrower jaws are unable to support massive adult teeth.
• Early tooth loss: When baby teeth fall out too soon owing to dental disease, the space available for the adult teeth to erupt can be restricted, which can cause crowding.
• large or additional teeth
• Trauma or injury—a blow to the face or teeth may cause one or more teeth to move out of position.
Dental and cosmetic issues that might result from crooked or misaligned teeth include:
• Gum disease can result from periodontal disease, which is made worse by difficulty adequately cleaning the teeth.
• Plaque can accumulate on crowded teeth, which can cause tooth decay.
• Speech issues - crowded teeth might interfere with how sounds are articulated.
• Chewing and digestion - improper chewing of food can have an impact on these processes.
• Wear on the teeth is a result of crowded teeth that may not work well together.
• Self-esteem is directly related to how you feel about your appearance.
You should visit an orthodontist who specializes in brace therapy if you need or want to get your crooked teeth straightened. They will be able to evaluate your worries and offer advice on the most effective course of action for you.
Wearing fixed or removable braces for a predetermined amount of time is one option for treating crowded teeth, which can also improve your smile, dental health, and mouth function.
Get in contact with us right away to learn more about how we can improve your crowded teeth and give you greater self-confidence.